Connecting with Holocaust Survivors through “Warm House” meetings, special excursions, biblical celebrations and continued home visits!
Yeshua gave Reach Initiative Founders, Stewart and Chantal Winograd, a mandate, a privilege, an opportunity and a responsibility: “Create opportunities for Me to bring them comfort. Serve as many Holocaust Survivors that I will enable you to serve for as long as they live on earth.”
For over 25 years our teams have unconditionally ‘loved on’ and sacriﬁcially served hundreds of survivors.
Holocaust Survivors often feel lonely and forgotten. Through this ministry they discover that they are remembered, honored and loved by followers of Yeshua!
We serve groups representing more than 400 Holocaust Survivors in 4 different cities in Israel, and another 100 Holocaust Survivors in Belarus.
RII’s team members are committed to developing deep relationships with the survivors we serve. To many we become like family. As these relationships grow, we visit survivors in their homes to better meet their practical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Due to the consistent love and care shown to them by our team members, dozens of Holocaust Survivors have come to know that Yeshua truly loves them, and that He is their Messiah and Savior.
What we Do
- Regular home visits are the trademark of our ministry. We do more than 120 visits per month, month after month.
- Holiday Food Baskets/Special Gifts, and group celebrations during Jewish Biblical Feasts
- Special excursions to Biblical sites and vacation retreats
- Bi-weekly clubs offering wonderful times of fellowship
- Weekly “Warm House Meetings” to encourage discussions in small groups
- Humanitarian Aid: Food, clothing and personal care items
- For those in need of help with activities of daily living such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, assistance in arranging and getting to medical appointments
- Spiritual and emotional support
How you can help
PRAY for our dear friends, the Holocaust Survivors, as many of them are lonely and facing serious health issues. More and more of them are homebound and need help to manage the daily affairs of life. We are compelled by the love of Yeshua to help them! Pray that God would provide more volunteers and staff to serve them in their homes. Pray the survivors would experience the love and salvation found only in their Messiah, Yeshua
GIVE We are committed to serve as many Holocaust Survivors that God will enable us to through the generous giving of friends like you. There are 3 giving levels:
- Monthly support is most helpful: For your pledge of $30 per month you help us bring ongoing love and practical help, week after week, for the most needy of the survivors.
- One-time gift to provide excursions and group Biblical holiday celebration: Suggested donation $100
- Special one-time gift to provide food items and joy on the Biblical holidays: For just $18 you can help us provide a Holiday Food Basket to a needy Holocaust Survivor on Pesach (Passover), Rosh Ha Shana (Jewish New Year) and Chanukah as well.
What Survivors are saying…
“God has truly sent you, your wife and your team as a gift to us.” – Holocaust Survivor in Northern Israel
“We are very happy when you come and visit us. Even when you are not with us, we feel your presence and warmth. God’s word, that you spread, heals and gives us hope. Thank you very much. May God give you more strength to enlighten and warm people’s lives with your faith and your heart.” – Anna, Holocaust Survivor
“You have a wonderful team here. Many of our people when they received the visit and the gifts were brought to tears.”” – Boris, Leader of Holon, Israel Holocaust Survivor Group